Monday, October 18, 2010

First steps

I started my battle with cancer in August 2010 with a diagnosis of stage 2 breast cancer.  With a family history it was not a surprise but it was nontheless a blow.  Sheer terror, overwhelming information, facing my own mortality, panic, telliing my husband, children, family, friends.  Jeezopeezo!  I have relearned old words with new signifance:  hope, friendship, support, kindness, information but most of all, the power of a loving husband and two adult children! 

Important to me as well, I have discovered my own inner humor is a powerful tool for combating the fear that swells up, the tears that well up, the anxiety that attacks before certain events--you get the picture.  So I'd like to share some of the fun along the way and incidentally some ideas about appearance, eating, exercise, and staying alive while fighting for my life.

I promise a positive tone, some attempts at humor, researched information, useful links, all I can possibly share.  I ask of you a positive tone , humor referring ONLY about yourself, and informed contributions.  So, I begin, somewhere along the road. . .

2 comments:

  1. Linda,
    Crap! You didn't tell me! I am sorry you are living this but know that today's treatments are way better than the 1950's. I hope it was early diagnosis and that the treatment is fast and painless. Sending you positive thoughts and love!
    Luann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate is the magic word!Love you, too.

    ReplyDelete